Centri-Force now has a fully supported sales and technical team to offer new and existing customers an exciting range of fluid bed dryers for a very wide range of applications. These are available in the UK, Ireland and other export markets.
The Company has been successfully selling dewatering equipment for many years and as a result our technical team have become experts in separation. Customers are now requesting a further drying step in their processes and it was only logical to be able to offer this too. Through our collaboration with an established partner in Turkey we are now capable of a full range of dryers from a dedicated technical support team complete with after care from our offices and workshops in the UK.
Vibrating Fluid Bed Dryers
Fluid Bed Dryers, sometimes called Fluidized Bed Dryers, come in two main types, static and vibrating. The underlying principles are largely the same and the choice is usually driven by the volumes of product that will be dried. Vibrating versions are fine for small to medium volumes and static fluid bed dryer are more suitable for larger plants.
Our core expertise is around the Vibrating Fluid Bed Dryer. The material to be dried is conveyed into the Dryer where hot air is injected through hundreds of holes in a stationary base plate which lifts the solid particles into the air and creates the appearance of a turbulent liquid. The direct contact of each individual particle with the hot air results in very effective heat transfer which makes the drying really efficient and cost effective.
The vibration in the steel structure of dryer works to propel the particles forward along the dryer. While there are no moving parts, it resembles a conveyor belt, moving the product continually along the drying zone. As can be seen in the image above the dryer itself can be very long and there may well be varying temperatures depending on the product and the dryness objectives of the plant.
Key Benefits from Centri-Force Fluid Bed Dryers
• High thermal efficiency: Fluid bed technology provides the highest heat transfer rates and this results in lower consumption of heat energy. As much as 30% heat energy can be saved in comparison to rotary drum dryers.
• Low whole life cost: Fluid Bed Drying technology uses much less energy than other systems such as rotary drum dryers. This means that higher capital costs are more than offset by the energy savings the cost of which has increased at a faster rate than capital costs in recent years
• Superior performance: A vibrating Fluid Bed Dryer FBD is highly efficient and very easy to operate. Because there are so few moving parts very low downtime is to be expected allowing the plant to run continuously and optimally. And, of course there is no need to lose time for planned and unplanned maintenance compared to other systems.
• No contamination of dried product: The standard design of Fluid Bed Dryer uses natural gas so the combustion gases are in contact with the product. However, the Fluid Bed Dryer can be designed to ensure that there is no contact with contaminating gases where this is critical, for example, production of chemicals. It is even possible to use a gas/gas heat exchanger so that the exhaust gas from a gas engine can be used without contaminating the dried product.
• Low abrasion: Thanks to the fluidized bed, there is almost no friction between the dried product and dryer components. This means that the plant can expect a longer life than other competitive technologies which reduces the whole life cycle cost.
• Easy maintenance and cleaning: A Fluid Bed Dryer can be easily cleaned with air and water. Operators can even disassemble the top chamber of the dryer allowing thorough cleaning during planned maintenance period. This means that the same Fluid Bed Dryer can be used for drying two or more different materials depending on the production requirements of the user.
• Safe operation: There are vibration and temperature sensors located at various points in the dryer which provides a very safe operation environment. All of the operating parameters can be monitored in real time and recorded through the SCADA software. In addition, the PLC software design and an easy-to-use HMI makes it easy to run even a complex Fluid Bed Dryer with only one operator.
• Fast start-up and shutdown: The system has a very compact design and this means that it only takes a relatively short time for the plant to heat up or cool down. This save time during shift changes or when the process needs to be revised for any reason.
• Flexible process control: A vibrating Fluid Bed Dryer can be easily adapted to a changes in process parameters. The retention time of the product inside the dryer can be changed as can air flow and vibration. Operation temperature can be easily changed as well and these can respond to changes in the inlet conditions. This flexibility and degree of process control ensures that homogenous drying performance at all times and a consistent product throughout the run.
• Compact footprint: A vibrating Fluid Bed Dryer system is very compact. The air blowers, conveyors and exhaust gas treatment units will all take up less space than all other drying technologies and this can be critical where space is at a premium
• Speed of delivery: All our Fluid Bed Dryers are based on a standard design of drying units which are modular. This means that complete systems can be can be delivered quickly after approval of drawings.
• Materials of construction: Various types of stainless steel can be used in construction from AISI304 to AISI321 depending on the product properties and operating temperature to protect the plant from corrosion.